An e-commerce website builder makes it simple to start any form of online business. E-commerce website builders can help you sell tangible objects that ship, numerous services, digital commodities like eBooks or music, or even online lessons when you start your e-commerce firm. They provide you with all of the tools you’ll need to promote your brand, collect payments, and run your internet business.
E-commerce website builders come in many shapes and sizes. Others are specialized for certain selling needs. Some are quite versatile and give a wide range of selling alternatives. A few even allow you to integrate multiple sorts of online revenue streams within a single website, such as physical and digital goods sales, content memberships, and classes.
The best part is that even the most capable e-commerce website builders, such as our top five selections below, are highly user-friendly. Without any prior expertise or technical knowledge, each allows you to easily create an online store. Let’s get started searching for the best e-commerce website builder for your online store.
Here’s A Rundown Of The Top Five Ecommerce Website Builders
- Shopify: Best all-in-one e-commerce website builder
Shopify is the most popular all-in-one e-commerce website builder on the market, with over 800,000 online stores. It integrates e-commerce website hosting, product and order administration tools, digital marketing, and multichannel sales into a unified platform. If you want an integrated online and in-store sales solution, it even features a retail point of sale, or POS, that facilitates in-store sales.
Shopify features and advantages:
Shopify is a platform for selling physical and digital products. If you want to offer physical things, digital downloads, or in-person sales, Shopify has all the tools you’ll need, including:
- Customization tools and beautiful plug-and-play store designs (called themes).
- Shopify straightforward store setup procedure allows for a quick launch.
- Payments can be made via Shopify Payments or your own processor.
- Manage digital product sales with the free Digital Downloads app.
- Inventory management tools that are quite effective.
- Shopify Shipping has built-in shipping label printing.
- Facebook Shops, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram are all fully functional social commerce platforms.
- Amazon and eBay sales are integrated into a multichannel sales strategy.
- A robust set of digital marketing tools are already built-in.
- Mobile card readers for in-person payments (part of Shopify Payments).
- For shops who want to sell both in-store and online, Shopify offers a complete POS solution.
You don’t have any merchandise to sell yet? Shopify can also assist you with this. It features a built-in Oberlo dropshipping marketplace integration. In addition, the Shopify Apps market has other dropshipping partners, including some top-rated print-on-demand companies.
- WordPress: Best do-anything e-commerce website builder
WordPress is one of the most widely used website builders in the world, accounting for 43.2 percent of all websites. Personal and corporate blogs, marketing websites, interactive instructional sites, and e-commerce websites all use this flexible platform.
WooCommerce, the company’s most popular e-commerce plugin, now powers approximately 3.5 million online stores globally, accounting for 28 percent of all e-commerce websites. While WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress e-commerce plugin, it isn’t the only one. Using a variety of specialized e-commerce plugins, you may add all kinds of online sales capabilities to WordPress.
WordPress features and advantages:
WordPress allows you endless content production and online commerce opportunities as a blog-based website builder. Basically, if you can imagine it, WordPress can make it a reality. Simply add an e-commerce plugin for sales capability and a WordPress e-commerce theme for overall appearance to develop any form of e-commerce website imaginable on WordPress.
The WordPress e-commerce website builder can be used to run a variety of online companies, including:
- Make a website with a lot of content, such as educational articles, videos, and blog posts.
- Create a website that looks like a storefront and sells both physical and digital goods.
- Sell digital products on their own or in conjunction with other items, memberships, or lessons.
- Simply add a “Buy” button to the page to sell products on your blog entries.
- For sales funnel marketing, create item-specific landing pages.
- Create educational portals where you may sell single video lessons or entire courses complete with assessments and certifications.
- Create a website for your restaurant that accepts bookings, as well as delivery and pickup orders.
- Accept appointments and sell services with deposits or prepaid bookings.
- Create content for music or e-learning sites that is only accessible to members.
- Set up a subscription box website on its own or sell subscriptions alongside other products.
- Almost any payment method can be used to process payments.
Various dropshipping and print-on-demand providers are also integrated with WordPress e-commerce plugins. You can use WordPress to build an online store even if you don’t have any things to sell, just like Shopify.
- Squarespace: Best for influencer-type e-commerce websites
Squarespace is an all-in-one website builder that includes a decent set of e-commerce sales features as well as many beautiful plug-and-play website design templates.
Squarespace allows even new users to quickly and easily create a unique, visually attractive website. That explains why Squarespace now hosts roughly 2 million websites, ranging from blogs and online galleries to all forms of e-commerce companies – and the number is growing.
Squarespace features and advantages:
Squarespace combines superb design and flexible e-commerce choices with sophisticated blogging features that well outweigh what Shopify, Wix, and Square Online have to offer. Its blogging tools aren’t quite as good as WordPress’s (none are), but it’s a lot easier to understand.
For many people, Squarespace strikes the ideal blend between ease of use and sales and blogging capabilities. Here are just a few of the numerous features available in Squarespace’s e-commerce website builder:
- Become a blogger influencer and earn money through affiliate sales by selling items and services online.
- Sell both tangible and digital things, both of which can be shipped.
- Offer online bookings with prepayments or deposits, and sell online or in-store services.
- Make a website that accepts online donations on its own or in combination with purchases.
- Create a website with premium membership material, such as music and online lessons.
- Make a subscription box website or sell subscriptions as part of your regular collection.
- Use eye-catching graphics to promote your photography, art, or graphic design services.
- Events are promoted, invitations are sent, reservations and RSVPs are taken, and tickets are sold online.
- Squarespace’s direct integration allows you to sell items and services on Instagram.
- Create email lists and send email marketing campaigns with ease.
- Wix: Easiest e-commerce website builder for new users
On our list, Wix is the best user-friendly e-commerce website, builder. The Squarespace option is a close second, but Wix is the clear winner for developing a stunningly stunning e-commerce website right out of the box. They are, in fact, the most popular website builder in the world, with 200 million individual and small-business users. Much of this is due to its exceptional user-friendliness.
Wix’s renowned website builder also has an e-commerce version. It doesn’t have as many features as Shopify and WordPress-powered e-commerce sites, but it does provide a very user-friendly e-commerce solution.
Wix features and advantages: Wix allows you to create a variety of stunning websites quickly and easily. You can choose from more than 500 website templates and then modify your site using simple drag-and-drop design tools. Wix’s e-commerce website plans also include a number of online selling capabilities.
Here are a few examples of how you may use Wix’s e-commerce website builder to benefit your company:
- Create an online store where you may sell a single item, a few items, or complete collections of products.
- Wix’s built-in customized music player can be used to promote and sell unique music.
- Create a website for local services and allow customers to make appointments online with prepayments or deposits.
- From your website, you may promote special events, establish and manage guest lists, and sell tickets.
- Create an instructional website containing video, audio, or blog content that can be accessed through a subscription.
- Accept to-go orders and reservations online while marketing your restaurant, food truck, or beverage business.
- Digital downloads are a great way to monetize your photography, unique art, and design services.
- To develop attention-getting material that attracts and engages your audience, use easy blogging tools.
- Wix’s integrated email and social media marketing tools can help you build your brand.
- BigCommerce: Best e-commerce website builder for Omnichannel selling
Many merchants find success by diversifying their channels, such as selling on social media, email, marketplaces, and other platforms, in addition to selling on their own e-commerce website. If you’re seeking the best e-commerce website builder to adopt this omnichannel selling approach, BigCommerce is a good option.
BigCommerce, a leading Shopify competitor, is similar to many of the other platforms we’ve covered. BigCommerce allows you to build and launch your own online store, handle and manage orders, and market and promote your business quickly and efficiently.
BigCommerce features and advantages:
Despite the fact that BigCommerce is similar to many other platforms, one of its strengths is its integrated sales channels. Access to eBay and Amazon is included with BigCommerce.
- All options include unlimited items, file storage, bandwidth, and staff accounts.
- Acceptance of Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay on a single page.
- There are over 100 professional and customizable templates to choose from.
- Coupons, discounts, and gift cards are all available.
- Professional reporting tools and real-time shipping prices.
- Product reviews and ratings
- Free HTTPS and dedicated SSL for the entire site.
- Multi-currency functionality is built in.
- Live agent assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- With no additional transaction fees, you’ll have access to over 50 payment processors.
- Braintree offers discounted credit card processing rates.
Last but not least
To choose the best e-commerce website builder for your small business, you’ll need to think about where you are now and where you want to go in the future.
Do you want to combine numerous online income streams, such as product sales, subscription content, services, and blog sales, into one? Then Wix, Squarespace, and WordPress would be a good fit or do you want to become a serious e-commerce Pakistan power seller? Day after day, Shopify can get orders in and things out quickly.
Contact us for all the latest e-commerce news in Pakistan.
Click to share
January 12, 2024
September 5, 2023