Whether you are a fledgling business or a veteran, your online presence is now a pivotal aspect of your popularity. Amazon and E-Bay changed the face of online business and even though Pakistan was slow to board the wagon, today it proudly ranks second in its e-commerce market in South Asia and the graph promises to go nowhere but up. The convenience and variety that online shopping offers is what makes customers hooked for life. Consumers enjoy delivery in the comfort of their homes and can pay with ease through cash or credit cards. Be it gadgets or clothes, accessories or food it’s all available at a click.
As e-commerce continues to bask in supremacy, let’s cast a glance at the top ten e-commerce websites which have taken Pakistani shoppers by storm:
- Daraz.pk: If you are even slightly tech savvy, then you have surely shopped using Daraz. Daraz.pk started in 2012 and rapidly took over as the leading e-commerce platform in Pakistan. This online fashion retailer evolved into a general marketplace for brands selling items ranging from electronics to home appliances to fashion accessories.
- Goto.com.pk: Goto is a popular one-stop online shopping marketplace that aims to bring a reliable, hassle-free and convenient shopping experience to the people of Pakistan. When the lockdown caused shops to close Goto.com.pk created a campaign to allow vendors increase their sales and expand their business by giving out the message that while their store is closed at the location, it is still open at Goto. They gave vendors an advantage that they didn’t need to spend extra to promote or expand their business.
- Aliexpress.com: AliExpress is an online retail service based in China owned by the internationally acclaimed Alibaba Group. Launched in 2010, it is made up of small businesses in China and other locations that offer products to international online buyers. It facilitates small businesses to expand their reach to customers all over the world.
- Telemart.pk: Telemart is owned by Tradelink enterprise which has been dealing in electronics and mobile phones in Pakistan since 1991. With the vision to cater to the needs of today’s customer and bridge the demand and supply gap, Telemart set-up a full range online store making shopping convenient for the customers. From consumer electronics, mobile phones and accessories, home appliances, home entertainment products, gaming computers, laptops, tech and gadgets, graphic card and smart watches, it has added men’s and women’s fashion to its list of online wares.
- Shopon.Pk: ShopOn.pk launched in 2011 is an online dream-space for games, vouchers and gift cards. Apart from having one of the largest collections of digital games in the country, it has ventured into smartphones, tablets and computer. The website currently holds as much as 70% of the market share for gift cards with over 2000 different gift cards on offer right now.
- HomeShopping.pk: Homeshopping has been around since 2008 and is a homegrown marketplace which operates on an Omni-channel approach: apart from the online medium, the company has brick-and-mortar retail experience centers in major cities in Pakistan. The idea behind this approach is to provide maximum visibility, drive reliance & offer par excellence customer service to our existing, as well as potential, customer base. It was lauded as the first brand with an online-first offline-later approach.
- Shopdaily.pk: Sister concerns of tohfay.com, dealsdaily.pk, tuesday.pk, and shaadiwaadi.com, Shopdaily.pk is run by New Jersey based AMG International, an online retailer of designer clothing, shoes & accessories, decor, handicrafts, carpets, books & stationery, artworks, electronics, and more.
- Symbios.pk: Symbios.pk is has helped satisfy over a million customers since all across Pakistan since 2006. Its forte is electronics, gadgets and tech products, with a wide variety of brands. They delight their customers with special prices, offers and deals especially their daily “Jadoo Offer”. They also offer “Slightly Used” products that have been handpicked and inspected by the procurement teams to give consumers the best brands in mint condition.
- Shophive.com: Shophive is a premium website registered in 2005 and launched in 2006. It prides itself on showcasing premium and only genuine products. It has a strong customer retention and service with a 7 days replacement warranty on all products. Based in Lahore, this e-commerce portal has a vision to provide quality products at an affordable price.
- Kaymu.pk: Initially launched as Azmalo.pk in January 2013, Rocket Internet rebranded the company as Kaymu.pk in September 2013, aligning the venture with the global company brand that currently spans 3 continents, Asia, Africa and Europe. Kaymu Pakistan now serves as a platform that offers consumer to consumer (C2C) as well as business to consumer (B2C) services across the country.
There are many more e-commerce ventures cropping up in Pakistan and their presence is heartening. For the latest buzz in the e-commerce realm log onto ecommerce.com.pk.
Click to share
January 12, 2024
September 5, 2023